Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Casserole Fairy

Those who know me know the past few months have been tough. I sense God is using this time to show me some things I need to let go of and I am in the process of understanding what those things are. He is also leading me to new things and that equation makes for tremendous pressure until I figure out what and how to let go.

Monday I did not have time nor energy to think of what we might have for supper Monday night. Mark would be the first one home and although I was relieved to know he would think of something, I also felt somewhat guilty. However, when Mark arrived home, there was a casserole in our refridgerator with a note, "Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes." Wow, what a blessing. My friend Des had brought us supper.

I called her later to thank her. I told her, "When you lose a tooth, the Tooth Fairy comes. When you're losing your mind, the Casserole Fairy shows up." Who knew? What a blessing to have such wonderful friends.

If ever you are wondering what to do for someone and can't think of the perfect gift, you can never go wrong with a casserole. Thank you God for how you let us know you are mindful of us in our lowly estate.

I ran across this verse this morning in Proverbs 11:25 that sums up perfectly how God works. "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a new friend like Des. Once in Italy Ruth brought me flowers: I was struggling with Conner's lice and John was due back from deployment soon and I was feeling dirty and overwhelmed. I sure loved seeing those fresh flowers when I walked into my kitchen, and they lasted a long time!

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

I will pray that God gives you a Ruth/Des in Ohio.

Jerilyn said...

What a great friend! Tell her thanks from your mom.